I’m going to share with you the workout routine I did today which helped me burning 320 calories within 30 minutes.
I had a pretty good cardio workout yesterday. I finished a 10k run within 51 minutes. This is my first medium long run since my first marathon in May. Didn’t get bothered by my runner’s knees which was a woohoo for me! 🙌😊
This is a picture I took when I was doing my 5k run by the lake two weekends ago. I’ve only got 40 minutes lunch break today. I needed to squeeze something quick and effective into my short workout time.
Here’s what I did today. Sorry I don’t have any pictures taken to show you each move. I will try my best to lay them out for you:
1. Start with a 5 minutes cardio warm-up. Warm-up is extremely important to your workout. It helps to avoid injuries. Always take some time to warm up. I did 5 minutes of elliptical which brought up my heart rate to about 120.
2. Circuit training:
– Deep squats with a bar for 20 sets. When doing squats, make sure that your knees not go over your toes and keep you cores engaged and keep your back straight.
– Shoulder lift with 20 lbs dumbbells (10lbs in each hand) for 20 sets. Make sure to straighten up the arms when lifting up. And keep the elbow 90 degrees angle when coming down.
– Bicep curls with lounges for 20 sets on each leg, 40 sets in total. When doing lounges, make sure your knees not exceeding your toes, try keeping them as a 90 degrees angle. When doing bicep curls, make sure your upper arms are stabilized, not swinging around.
– Cardio 1 minute (This pushed my heart rate to 162-164.)
*Butt kick run for 30 seconds
*High knee run for 30 seconds
– Full body push-ups for 20 sets
– Plank for 45 seconds.
Repeat the above program for 4 rounds and try to finish them within 30 minutes. I guarantee you will burn 300+ calories within that time limit.
Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.